Beebe School Board Hires Several Teachers; Approves 2014-2015 BudgetJun 13th, 2013 | By admin | Category: Education
BY LEE “CAT” McLANE
In a meeting held on the McRae campus Monday night, the Beebe School Board approved hiring several teachers, approved transfers and resignations.
Those teachers hired were: Kristina Formel, elementary teacher, Beebe Elementary; Ashley Reed, elementary teacher, Beebe Elementary; Hannah Alexander Musto, elementary teacher, Beebe Elementary; Courtney Wilson, elementary teacher, Badger Elementary; Dana Davis, secondary teacher, Badger Academy; Samantha Mercado, seventh grade language arts, Beebe Jr. High School; Teresa Evans, secondary language arts, Beebe High School; Tim Harrison, secondary chemistry on ALKP and coach; Patrick Sawatsky, mathematics teacher, Beebe Middle School; Wendy Dotson, mathematics teacher, Beebe Middle School; Gayla Rice, special education teacher, Beebe High School 9-10; Lindsey Loftin, secondary business, Beebe High School; and Alex Hale, secondary Spec. Education, Beebe Jr. High.
Transfers included: Martie Benton, teacher - Beebe Elementary to Badger Academy; Vikki Jennings, teacher, Middle School to Jr. High School math; and Lauren Gunter, teacher - Badger Pre-K to Beebe Elementary.
Teacher resignations included: Olivia Stroud, secondary language arts, high school 11-12; Kristina Rush, instructional aide, middle school; Ashley Waller, third grade teacher, Beebe Elementary; Bobbi Green, seventh grade math, Beebe Jr. High; Debi Tounzen, HIPPY instructor; and Brittany Fleming, fourth grade teacher, Badger Elementary.
In other action, the board:
• Approved the proposed budget for 2014-2015 at $27.5 million
• Approved removing the elementary connection project from the Master Plan because the state would only pay $200,000 on what would have been a $4 million project
• Approved a pay increase of 2% for Dr. Belinda Shook,
• Approved bids for 2013-2014 commodities: milk - Coleman, 7 cents lower than last year; bread - Dawn Distributing; Fuel - A & C, .05 over terminal; uniforms & mop service - Superior Mat;
• Approved the renewal of fleet and vehicle coverage with Ark. Insurance Dept. for $26,749 and for facilities insurance at $128,984.
• Discussed the new School Choice law and how it would affect the district - which is a 3% cap on transfers which is 96 students for our district and they must apply by June 1st;
• Approved purchases over $10,000 - Virco - chairs for Middle School at $11,190.04, computers for Jr. High at $182,241.65 and fire inspection $9,455.10 and
• Announced the July board meeting will be Thursday night, July 11th.